Learn All About The Eagle Claw
Hello my name is Gerald Basden and I am the inventor of the "Eagle Claw", a Patented device developed to strengthen the golf grip for a more consistent ball striking swing.
The idea came to me one day when I was experimenting with different golf grips in order to straighten out my golf shot. I discovered a golf grip that worked, but due to the required pressure I had to maintain in the back swing and in the follow through, I strained my thumb. It was then that I decided to invent a device that could do the following:
- Support my strained thumb.
- Allow me to increase the pressure in my golf grip.
- Allow me to maintain the pressure in my golf grip through out my golf swing. Straighten out my golf shot.
- Allow me to keep playing a great deal of golf!!!
The Eagle Claw concept and protype was developed about 10 years ago and went into mass production 2 years ago so that others like me could benefit from this uinque device and strengthen their golf grip and develop more consistent swings.
The "Eagle Claw" is an enhancement to a golfer’s natural golf grip and golf swing. It offers additional support for individuals who are disabled, physically impaired or injured, who have arthritis (or other disorder) and who also struggle with gripping, holding, and swinging a golf club throughout the entire golf swing, yet still wish to experience the joy of a pain-free round of golf.
How Does It Work?
A golfer’s natural golf grip requires a right-handed golfer to grip the top portion of a golf club with his left hand. The left hand is wrapped around the top portion of the golf club. Pressure is exerted with the left thumb on one side of the golf club and equal pressure is applied by the index finger (first finger) on the left hand on the other side of the golf club. The more pressure exerted by these two fingers, the firmer the golf grip around the golf club. This pressure must remain constant as the golf club is swung backward and then forward through the point of contact with the golf ball. This results in a straight golf shot.
If the pressure exerted by the golf grip is reduced during the golf swing, the head of the golf club will twist at the point of contact with the golf ball. This twist will result in a hook or a faded golf shot.
The "Eagle Claw”, has a “power-grip” mechanism in the device that locks the pressure exerted by the left thumb and first finger (index finger). Once the “power-grip” mechanism is locked, the golf club becomes an extension of the arm. The pressure exerted by the golf grip remains constant as the golf club is swung backward and then forward through the point of contact with the golf ball.
This grip consistency throughout the swing results in a straighter golf shot; not to mention a decreased risk of further pain or injury to the golfer.
Functions of the "Eagle Claw"
- Hand support device worn in combination with a glove for supporting and strengthening a user's golf grip.
- Locks and maintains grip pressure throughout swing for added power
- Adds support and strengthens grip for increased distance and accuracy
- Enhances hand and wrist support without restricting movement
- Ideal for golfers with hand injuries or arthritis.
- Unique positioning of the Eagle Claw provides comfortable fit.
The "Eagle Claw" is a one of a kind.
There are NO similar products currently on the market that cater to this particular niche of golfer. Some added advantages of the “Eagle Claw" include:
- An ordinary golf glove does not help a golfer maintain the applied pressure in the golf grip throughout the golf swing.
- The “Eagle Claw” helps a golfer to maintain the applied pressure in the golf grip during the golf swing.
- The “Eagle Claw” offers support for your thumb when gripping the golf club.